Recipe by Susan Lee
This popular dish is served at our annual River Festival. It is equally good as leftovers!
- 1 pastry for double-crust pie
- 1 lb ground round or 1 lb ground sirloin
- 1⁄2 cup minced onion
- 1 egg
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1⁄2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 cup tomato paste
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 2 1⁄4 cups milk
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried mustard
- 2 cups cooked mixed vegetables
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 425*.
- Cook the meat and onion, stirring often so it is very crumbly.
- While meat is cooking, mix egg, milk, water and bread crumbs and let sit.
- When meat is cooked, add egg mixture, tomato paste and cinnamon.
- Pour into pie shell, add top crust.
- Bake at 425* for 20-25 minutes, until crust is done.
- Vegetable Sauce: While pie is baking, microwave 2 cups of frozen mixed vegetables (carrots,peas,corn blend) Melt butter in saucepan.
- Stir in flour.
- Add milk and dried mustard.
- Stir in the mixed vegetables.
- Serve slices of the meat pie topped with spoonfuls of the vegetable sauce.