1/1 Photo of Heinz 57 Peppers and Chicken Bake
Montana Heart Song's Note:
This is a quick fix no peek recipe, juice to be served with noodles or rice. Prepare in the morning, refrigerate and bake in the evening. A nice meal for guests.You can prepare in grill bag and place in 9 X 13 pan.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 12 chicken thighs or 12 chicken breasts
- 6 green peppers, cored, seeded and cut in quarters
- 2 orange baby bell peppers, split
- 2 red baby bell peppers, split
- 2 yellow baby bell peppers, split
- 6 -8 stalks fresh celery, cut in small diced pieces, include the leaves
- 1 tablespoon thyme
- 2/3 cup Heinz 57 steak sauce
- 1/3 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup margarine
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- Pam cooking spray
- 1Spray a 9 X 13 pan with Pam.
- 2Lay green pepper quarters with cup side up.
- 3Put diced celery in each pepper quarter.
- 4Sprinkle each quarter with thyme.
- 5In mixing bowl add Heinz 57 sauce, Worcestershire sauce, lemon juice, brown sugar and margarine. Mix well.You can heat and mix. I do to make sure the flavors mix.
- 6Place split baby peppers in between the green peppers.
- 7Place chicken pieces over each pepper quarter.
- 8Spoon sauce mixture over chicken pieces.
- 9Sprinkle paprika over chicken.
- 10Note: You may add 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper to the sauce mixture if you like it hot! This is optional!
- 11Cover or foil the top. Refrigerate or Bake at 400* for 40 minutes. Allow extra time if refrigerated about 10 more minutes.
- 12I have added the brown sugar because it gives a extra tangy sweetness to the dish and everyone raves about it. The baby peppers are sweet and add color and a little more flavor. You may use Splenda brown sugar blend if desired.
- 13Lift out with spatula to individual plates.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Heinz 57 Peppers and Chicken Bake
Serving Size: 1 (259 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 284.8
- Calories from Fat 148
- Total Fat 16.5 g
- Saturated Fat 4.4 g
- Cholesterol 78.9 mg
- Sodium 190.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 13.0 g
- Protein 17.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Heinz 57 steak sauce