Recipe by Montana Heart Song
This is a quick fix no peek recipe, juice to be served with noodles or rice. Prepare in the morning, refrigerate and bake in the evening. A nice meal for guests.You can prepare in grill bag and place in 9 X 13 pan.
- 12 chicken thighs or 12 chicken breasts
- 6 green peppers, cored, seeded and cut in quarters
- 2 orange baby bell peppers, split
- 2 red baby bell peppers, split
- 2 yellow baby bell peppers, split
- 6 -8 stalks fresh celery, cut in small diced pieces, include the leaves
- 1 tablespoon thyme
- 2⁄3 cup Heinz 57 steak sauce
- 1⁄3 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- Pam cooking spray
Directions See How It's Made
- Spray a 9 X 13 pan with Pam.
- Lay green pepper quarters with cup side up.
- Put diced celery in each pepper quarter.
- Sprinkle each quarter with thyme.
- In mixing bowl add Heinz 57 sauce, Worcestershire sauce, lemon juice, brown sugar and margarine. Mix well.You can heat and mix. I do to make sure the flavors mix.
- Place split baby peppers in between the green peppers.
- Place chicken pieces over each pepper quarter.
- Spoon sauce mixture over chicken pieces.
- Sprinkle paprika over chicken.
- Note: You may add 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper to the sauce mixture if you like it hot! This is optional!
- Cover or foil the top. Refrigerate or Bake at 400* for 40 minutes. Allow extra time if refrigerated about 10 more minutes.
- I have added the brown sugar because it gives a extra tangy sweetness to the dish and everyone raves about it. The baby peppers are sweet and add color and a little more flavor. You may use Splenda brown sugar blend if desired.
- Lift out with spatula to individual plates.