Prep 45 mins
Cook 15 mins
This receipe was shared by our head cook at the medical center where I'm employed. It is served in our cafeteria around the holidays and all I can say is "WOW" Very light and tasty!
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped pecans
- 2 (8 ounce) packagessoftened cream cheese
- 5 cups frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 (3 1/2 ounce) packages vanilla instant pudding mix
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 3 cups pumpkin puree
- 4 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a medium mixing bowl combine flour, butter, and 1/2°C finely chopped pecans. Thoroughly combine and then press mixture thinly into a 9 X13 inch baking pan.
- Bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine cream cheese, 2°C of the whipped topping, confectioners' sugar and vanilla extract. Beat until smooth. Spread evely over cooled crust.
- In a large mixing bowl combine pudding, milk, pumpkin puree, pumpkin pie spice, and 2 more cups of whipped topping. Mix until thoroughly combined. Spoon mixture over cream cheese layer. Top with remaining 1°C of whipped topping. Sprinkle with 1/2 chopped pecans, if desired. Chill at least 1 hour before serving.