Recipe by Nancy1954
This receipe was shared by our head cook at the medical center where I'm employed. It is served in our cafeteria around the holidays and all I can say is "WOW" Very light and tasty!
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped pecans
- 2 (8 ounce) packagessoftened cream cheese
- 5 cups frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 (3 1/2 ounce) packages vanilla instant pudding mix
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 3 cups pumpkin puree
- 4 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a medium mixing bowl combine flour, butter, and 1/2°C finely chopped pecans. Thoroughly combine and then press mixture thinly into a 9 X13 inch baking pan.
- Bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine cream cheese, 2°C of the whipped topping, confectioners' sugar and vanilla extract. Beat until smooth. Spread evely over cooled crust.
- In a large mixing bowl combine pudding, milk, pumpkin puree, pumpkin pie spice, and 2 more cups of whipped topping. Mix until thoroughly combined. Spoon mixture over cream cheese layer. Top with remaining 1°C of whipped topping. Sprinkle with 1/2 chopped pecans, if desired. Chill at least 1 hour before serving.