Recipe by sparklejem00
This recipe comes from a Kosher restaurant in Chicago. It's super easy to prepare!
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 cup unsifted all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 unsweetened chocolate squares
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup skim milk or 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3⁄4 cup boiling water
Directions See How It's Made
- Grease and flour an 8x8 inch baking pan.
- Mix sugar, flour, baking bowder and salt together.
- Melt chocolate with butter. Stir with dry ingredients, along with milk and vanilla. Beat until smoot.
- Spoon batter into pan.
- For topping, combine sugar, brown sugar and cocoa. Sprinkle evenly over batter.
- Pour boiling water over the top.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 35 to 45 minutes.
- Cool then invert chocolate cake onto a plate so the cake makes its own chocolate topping.
- Serve either warm or cold.