Prep 2 mins
Cook 10 mins
Easy, 2 ingredients, fantastic dip! Great for fruit slices, cookies, angel food cake cubes, or pretzels! Wish I could remember where I got this recipe...
- 1 (14 ounce) bag caramels (appx 50 pieces I use Kraft)
- 2⁄3 cup half-and-half or 2⁄3 cup light cream
- Melt caramels with half-and-half in large heavy saucepan on low heat, stirring frequently.
- Serve warm or at room temperature as a dip with fruit slices, cookies, angel food cake cubes, etc.
- Yields 1 1/5 cups or 12 servings, 2 Tbsp each.
Wow, ever since I tried this at a taste demo at our local Safeway, it has been a hit at my house. You can buy this tasty treat, but after reading the ingredients, I thought "Hey, let's give it a try!". The only thing I do slightly different, is to unwrap 6 caramels and use a little milk and put it in a glass custard cup in the microwave, stirring with a toothpick between heating until smooth. Cheap, calorie controlled and yummy!