Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This recipe is a favourite with my family. My grandmother used to make it when I was young, and it was the only way I would eat my vegetables. It's tasty, nutritious, and best of all, very low in fat.
- Boil the tomatoes until the skin comes off.
- Blend tomatoes, onion and garlic in a blender with a little bit of water until you get a soft paste. Set aside.
- In a large pot, heat oil and stirfry vegetables for about a minute.
- Add tomato paste and keep moving mixture for a few seconds more.
- Add water, boullion cube and sprigs of coriander. Simmer for 3 minutes in medium heat.
- Season with salt and pepper and simmer in low heat until vegetables are soft.
- Remove coriander before serving.
This is a tasty and fresh soup! I love using the pureed tomatoes as the base of the broth. I used the water I boiled the tomatoes in as part of the 3 1/2 C water added. This is great as written; I think any number of herbs or spices (basil, cumin, crushed red pepper) could be added to change up the flavor a bit as well. Thanks for sharing your recipe! Made for Fall PAC 2012