1/1 Photo of Hearty Tomato and Sausage Stew
This is really filling! I tripled this recipe so I could feed 5 members of my family and a friend. It was just enough! don't worry if it is watery at the end.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 lb sweet Italian sausage
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced. (or you can use 1/4 tsp. of crushed garlic)
- 1 1/2 cups crushed tomatoes, in thick sauce
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh oregano (2/3 tsp. dried)
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh basil (same, 2/3 tsp dried)
- 1/2-1 cup water (optional)
- 1You may want to cook sausage ahead of time.
- 2Brown and drain sausage. Set aside.
- 3Saute onion and garlic in butter untill onion is translucent.
- 4Stir in sausage. Heat breifly.
- 5Add tomatoes, oregano, basil, and water. Heat through and serve.
Browse Our Top Onions Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hearty Tomato and Sausage Stew
Serving Size: 1 (282 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 174.9
- Calories from Fat 98
- Total Fat 10.9 g
- Saturated Fat 5.5 g
- Cholesterol 32.2 mg
- Sodium 382.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 4.4 g
- Protein 10.9 g