Prep 20 mins
Cook 5 mins
Skip this if you're watching your calories and fat---prepared mac 'n cheese, bacon, mozzarella and ground beef. This recipe is from The Crow's Nest at Buckeye Lake in Millersport, Ohio.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 (7 1/4 ounce) packages macaroni & cheese dinner mix
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 6 slices cooked bacon, crumbled
- In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink.
- Meanwhile, prepare macaroni and cheese according to package directions.
- Drain beef mixture; stir into macaroni and cheese.
- Transfer to a greased shallow 2 1/2 quart baking dish.
- Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese and bacon.
- Broil until mozzarella is melted, about 2 minutes.