Chef #485996's Note:
This lovely cottage pie is a favourite in our household and so quick and easy to make. makes lovely large portions and comes in at about £4 for the whole recipe. my own recipe ive been making for years. tuck in.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1chop the onion and brown with the mince in a saucepan. add stock cube and cover with water. simmer for 20 minutes. add worcestershire sauce.
- 2meanwhile, chop and peel the potatoes, carrots and swede and place in a pan of boiling water. cook for 20 minutes until tender.
- 3place the mince and onion mixture into a large oven proof dish
- 4drain and mash the carrots, potatoes and swede with the butter. place on top of the mince.
- 5add the grated cheese and score with a fork then bake in oven at 220 degrees for 20 minutes until golden and bubbly.
- 6serve with peas and gravy.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hearty Budget British Cottage Pie
Serving Size: 1 (677 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 640.7
- Calories from Fat 268
- Total Fat 29.7 g
- Saturated Fat 14.1 g
- Cholesterol 115.2 mg
- Sodium 476.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 60.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.1 g
- Sugars 9.3 g
- Protein 33.7 g