Prep 20 mins
Cook 24 hrs
I love this recipe in the fall. Delicious.
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 cup shredded apple
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese (2 ounces)
- 1⁄3 cup chopped nuts
- Heat oven to 350.
- Grease and flour bottom only of 8 1/2 x 4 1/2 x 2 1/2 inch loaf pan.
- Beat sugar, butter and eggs in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy.
- Stir in flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and ginger.
- Stir in apples, cheese and nuts.
- Spoon batter into pan.
- Bake about 1 hour or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool 5 minutes.
- Loosen sides of loaf from pan; remove from pan to wire rack.
- Cool completely before slicing.