Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
This recipe shows that healthy can also be delicious.
- 6 chicken thighs or 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 29.58 ml olive oil
- 2.46 ml poultry seasoning
- 1 green pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 can stewed tomatoes, undrained
- 9 stuffed green olives, thinly sliced
- 44.37 ml olive juice
- 118.29 ml chicken stock
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Brown chicken in skillet in olive oil and poultry seasoning, removing skin from thighs.
- Arrange chicken pieces in a shallow 2-quart baking dish.
- Combine all remaining ingredients and spoon over the chicken.
- Bake uncovered, basting often, until chicken is well done or fork tender.
- Baking time varies, but is usually 30 to 45 minutes.
- Add water if sauce tends to boil away.
- Serves: 6, but if folks are hungry, serves 3.
Made a great dinner, although a bit on the salty side-possibly from the olive juice. I used chicken breasts and added a chopped zucchini as well. I served it with roasted pumpkin and potato. Thanks!
we really enjoyed this! great flavor