1/1 Photo of Heart Healthy Beef Stew
2 hrs 15 mins
This comes from a Heart healthy cookbook distributed from our local hospital. While this is somewhat different from your normal stew recipe, it is equally as good.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 stalks celery
- 2 medium garlic cloves, minced
- 2 medium carrots
- 20 ounces lean top round roast
- 1 cup green beans
- 2 medium potatoes, without skin
- 2 cups low sodium beef broth
- 28 ounces low-sodium tomatoes
- 3/4 medium onion
- 1/2 lb mushroom, sliced
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- nonstick cooking spray
- 1Coat a 4 quart pot with cooking spray and heat over moderate heat for 1 minute.
- 2Cut roast into 1 1/2 inch cubes.
- 3Season with the pepper.
- 4add to pot and brown for 4 - 5 minutes.
- 5Add the onion, garlic ,crushed tomatoes, worcestershire sauce and beef broth to the pot.
- 6Bring to boil.
- 7Turn heat down to simmer and add diced celery,carrots, mushrooms,and green beans.
- 8Cover and simmer until tender about 45 minutes.
- 9Dice peeled potatoes and add to pot.
- 10Add more water if needed.
- 11Simmer until tender, about 45 minutes.
Browse Our Top Stew Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Heart Healthy Beef Stew
Serving Size: 1 (430 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 267.6
- Calories from Fat 71
- Total Fat 7.9 g
- Saturated Fat 3.0 g
- Cholesterol 65.2 mg
- Sodium 130.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.8 g
- Sugars 7.0 g
- Protein 25.3 g