The heart cups for the sundaes can be made up to 8 hours in advance. Store them, covered, at room temperature until you're ready to assemble the dessert.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat oven to 425°F
- 2Place 4 (6-oz) custard cups, upside down, on cookie sheet; spray cups and sheet with cooking spray.
- 3Remove pie crusts from pouches; place flat on cutting board.
- 4With sharp knife, cut out 2 (5 1/2-inch) heart shapes from each crust.
- 5Drape each pastry heart over inverted custard cup on cookie sheet.
- 6Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until golden brown.
- 7Cool hearts on cups completely, about 30 minutes, before removing from cups.
- 8Meanwhile, with 1 1/2-inch or smaller heart-shaped canape or cookie cutter, cut remaining scraps of dough into 12 small heart shapes; place on ungreased cookie sheet.
- 9Sprinkle with sugar.
- 10Bake 3 to 5 minutes or until light golden brown.
- 11Remove from cookie sheet; cool completely.
- 12To serve, place heart cups in shallow dessert plates or bowls.
- 13Fill each with 1/2 cup ice cream.
- 14Drizzle each with 2 tablespoons strawberry topping.
- 15Top each with 3 heart cutouts.
Browse Our Top Pie Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Heart Cup Sundaes With Crispy Hearts
Serving Size: 1 (215 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 802.0
- Calories from Fat 384
- Total Fat 42.7 g
- Saturated Fat 16.1 g
- Cholesterol 31.4 mg
- Sodium 753.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 98.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 32.3 g
- Protein 7.2 g