Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
I love this recipe because it is so very tasty and a great way to get those all so important beans into the diet! I modified this recipe from a cookbook several years ago!
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup onion, finely chopped
- 2 large garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 -3 tablespoons fresh cilantro
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- salt and pepper
- mix together and chill!
I loved the idea of this recipe, but there just was not as much taste as I expected. I made it exactly as written. I was not hoping for heat, it was simply very bland. I served it with homemade baked tortilla chips. While I enjoyed it, I would not make it again without changing up the spices quite a lot. Thanks for the chance to try a healthy one, though!