This is the latest invention from my continuing effort to create easy, tasty alternatives to work with my husband's triglyceride-lowering diet. It's quick, easy, and yummy! I intend to try other spice combinations, such as an Indian-inspired cumin/coriander/tumeric one or even a sweet one with cinnamon and sugar.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Put flours, salt, and garlic in medium bowl and mix together.
- 2Make a well in the dry ingredients. Put egg in well.
- 3Slowly add water, mixing it with the flour and egg, gradually pulling in the flour from the sides. Batter will be thin.
- 4Add the onion flakes.
- 5Fry these in a non-stick pan, or spray with Pam before putting in the batter each time. (You can wipe pan with a paper towel that's been soaked with oil, instead.).
- 6Pour just enough batter into the pan to coat the bottom. Spread it around the bottom by tilting the pan, if needed.
- 7When the edges start curling up and the colour of the tortilla starts to darken (approx 30 seconds), flip the pancake. I like to actually flip it in the air because it tends to break less this way (and my daughter enjoys watching it), but if you can't flip pancakes, use a long spatula to support it as you turn it.
- 8Let it cook another 15 seconds, or so, on the 2nd side and slide onto a plate.
Browse Our Top Flat-Shaped Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Healthy Tortilla Wraps
Serving Size: 1 (66 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 126.6
- Calories from Fat 10
- Total Fat 1.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 26.4 mg
- Sodium 156.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.7 g
- Sugars 0.5 g
- Protein 4.8 g