Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
Delicious way to eat spinach. You can substitute the cottage cheese for part-skim ricotta cheese and the two laughing cow cheese wedges for ½ cup finely shredded Parmesan cheese.
- 10 cups fresh spinach
- 1⁄2 cup low fat cottage cheese
- 2 wedges Laughing Cow cheese
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground pepper
- Preheat oven 400 degrees.
- Pulse spinach in three batches in a food processor until finely chopped. Transfer to a medium bowl.
- Add cottage cheese (ricotta cheese), laughing cow cheese, eggs, garlic, and pepper; stir to combine.
- Coat muffin pan with cooking spray. Divide the spinach mixture among cups to very top.
- Bake spinach cakes until set, about 25 minutes. Let stand in the pan for 5 minutes. Serve warm.
These spinach cakes are terrific! I subbed parmesan for the laughing cow as you suggested in your intro, otherwise made as directed. I sprinkled a bit of crushed red pepper flakes on top when I served it; I would probably use that instead of black pepper in the mixture next time. Easy to make, savory and delicious - thanks for sharing the recipe! Made for Spring Pick-A-Chef 2011
This is a really nice way to prepare spinach since it is both healthy and flavorful. The whole family ate it. I used cottage cheese and parm. Based on others reviews, I added crushed red pepper flakes to the spinach mixture. Thanks for sharing
This was very flavorful and easy to make. I would recommend allowing the laughing cow to come to room temp-- it didn't mix very well at all cold. I will make again!