Recipe by Chef Q in Oregon
I am on a diet and need some low calorie items to eat, so I made this one day. Hope you like it.
- 2 large carrots, peeled and diced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 stalks celery
- 1 cup sweet potato, peeled and diced
- 1⁄4 cup quinoa
- 1 cup spinach
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) cannatural low sodium chicken broth
- 14 1⁄2 ounces water
- 1⁄2 cup cooked ground beef
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- dice, chop veggies.
- sautee onions in olive oil until soft.
- add carrots, celery, sweet potato, and quinoa sautee for about 3 minutes, add broth and water.
- cook for 15 minutes, or until sweet potato is almost fork tender. Add cooked beef and spinach simmer 5 minutes. Turn off the burner and let sit for an additional 5 minutes.
- and salt and pepper to taste.