1/1 Photo of Healthy Sorbet
This is an adopted recipe. Here's what the OP had to say about it: "This is my recipe and is an excellent solution to managing your consumption of fat, triglycerides, sugar, etc., because it's all-natural without the need for any additives of any kind. Kids love eating and making this recipe, too! And it is the healthiest alternative to sugared treats. Best of all, you can eat as much as you like without any guilt -- if you do guilt with your eating program (such a waste -- see my profile)."
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Add ingredients to a blender and liquify.
- 2Pour into containers, cover and freeze.
- 3Eat with a spoon!
- 4Combination Suggestions:.
- 5Apple, Banana, Pear.
- 6Mixed Berries.
- 7Strawberry, Banana, Blueberry.
- 8Mango, Pear, Apple.
- 9Pineapple, Raspberry, Banana.
- 10Notes: This is a great way to cut down on sugar because fruit is naturally sweet when ripe.
- 11If you are an absolute sweet-a-holic, you can mix approximately 1/4- to 1/2-teaspoon of honey (uncooked) for each 1-cup serving of sorbet.
- 12Or, you can add a banana.
- 13You can make a thinner sorbet with more soymilk or juice or add chopped ice to the mixture.
- 14Sometimes I prefer a thinner mixture if I am using grainy berries (e. g., blueberries, raspberries).
- 15You can make sorbet cubes in ice trays with mini-bamboo skewers (you can cut long skewers with a scissors to fit).
- 16You can purchase low-cost, disposable, small containers with lids for easy travel and cook-out fun.
- 17You may even find popcicle trays in your supermarket!
- 18You can cover dishes with plastic wrap, if you wish to serve sorbet in decorative bowls.
- 19This makes a wonderful dessert for parties.
- 20Sorbet is an excellent way to use over-ripe fruit.
- 21When blended together and frozen, the fruit is quite delicious.
- 22Be creative with your recipes and please feel free to share them with me!
Browse Our Top Frozen Desserts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Healthy Sorbet
Serving Size: 1 (12 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 16.4
- Calories from Fat 4
- Total Fat 0.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 15.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 1.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 1.2 g
- Protein 0.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: