1/1 Photo of Healthy Slow Cooker Polynesian Chicken
5 hrs 10 mins
Busy Lindsay's Note:
This is not sweet like other polynesian chicken recipies. The recipe is low in fat and the original recipe came from AHA Meals in Minutes. It felt like it needed something so I made a few tweaks. I spoon the chicken and sauce over rice and cooked veggies like broccoli and zucchini). The sauce is not thick, but the rice soaks it up and it is so flavorful! Delicious and healthy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, halved
- 6 ounces pineapple juice
- 3 tablespoons vinegar
- 3 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, grated
- 1 -2 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds (or more if desired)
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 4 cups rice, cooked
- nonstick cooking spray
- 1Spray inside of slow cooker with non-stick cooking spray.
- 2Place chicken on the bottom of the slow cooker. Add all other ingredients into slow cooker, cover.
- 3Cook on high heat for 4 - 6 hours (or until chicken is cooked through). As slow cooker temperatutres can vary, you may need to cook for more or less time.
- 4Chicken pieces will break apart durring cooking. Spoon chicken and sauce over rice (and veggies if desired).
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Healthy Slow Cooker Polynesian Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (255 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 876.0
- Calories from Fat 41
- Total Fat 4.6 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 75.5 mg
- Sodium 894.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 161.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 4.5 g
- Protein 39.7 g