Recipe by Busy Lindsay
This is not sweet like other polynesian chicken recipies. The recipe is low in fat and the original recipe came from AHA Meals in Minutes. It felt like it needed something so I made a few tweaks. I spoon the chicken and sauce over rice and cooked veggies like broccoli and zucchini). The sauce is not thick, but the rice soaks it up and it is so flavorful! Delicious and healthy!
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, halved
- 6 ounces pineapple juice
- 3 tablespoons vinegar
- 3 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, grated
- 1 -2 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds (or more if desired)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 4 cups rice, cooked
- nonstick cooking spray
Directions See How It's Made
- Spray inside of slow cooker with non-stick cooking spray.
- Place chicken on the bottom of the slow cooker. Add all other ingredients into slow cooker, cover.
- Cook on high heat for 4 - 6 hours (or until chicken is cooked through). As slow cooker temperatutres can vary, you may need to cook for more or less time.
- Chicken pieces will break apart durring cooking. Spoon chicken and sauce over rice (and veggies if desired).