Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
Restaurant style sesame chicken with out the extra fat and calories.
- 12 ounces boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 3 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon mirin (Japanese sweet cooking wine) (optional)
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 4 tablespoons sesame seeds, any variety
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 pinch of dry chili flakes
- Preheat oven to 350. Cut the chicken breasts in half.
- Place chicken in a shallow dish and pour soy sauce and Mirin over the chicken. Turn the chicken over to thoroughly coat.
- Combine the seeds, flour, pepper and chili flakes in a bowl. Mix well. Place the chicken in the dry mixture and turn over to coat completely.
- Spray a baking dish with non-stick spray. Place coated chicken in the dish. Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until done, uncovered.
- Remove the pan from the oven and serve immediately.
This was a lovely, quick and easy recipe, dinner was on the table in no time. Made as written, the only thing was that I used dark soya sauce, it was what I had on hand. The chicken didn't look so pretty, but it tasted great. Thanks for sharing your recipe. Made for Spring Pac 2012.
I used 3 half bonesless skinless breasts which weighed about 240 grams each but followed with full recipe and baked in a shallow edged baking dish but would recommend a flat dish as I think you would get better browning as the sides of the baking dish protect it from browning and also I would consider toasting the sesame seeds to bring their flavour out more and add to the appearance (look browner), as was for the last 10 minutes I gave a light spray with cooking oil which took the white look away and added a tinge of colour. Thank you Parvulus, made for I Recommend and recommended by ElaineAnn.
I made half the recipe and it was so quick and easy! I love that it was not fried which made it so low fat and healthy. Thanks for posting a keeper! Made for I Recommend Tag.