Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
I kind of came up with this on my own through experimentation. It has good taste and very healthy!
- 1 1⁄2 cups soymilk
- 1⁄4 cup oatmeal
- 1⁄8 cup flax seed
- 1⁄2 banana
- 1⁄2 cup frozen blueberries
- 1⁄2 cup vanilla whey protein powder
- Pour soy milk in blender (may substitute skim milk for less fat, sugar).
- Add banana.
- Add raw whole grain oatmeal.
- Blend flax seed in coffee grinder and add to blender.
- Add frozen blueberries -- you can experiement with the frozen fruit -- use anything from strawberries, peach, mango, etc.
- Blend until all fruit is smooth -- about 20 seconds or so.
- Add protein powder and blend another 10 seconds. Whey protein should add another 10-12 grams of protein/serving not listed in nutritional stats. Dont put protein powder in until after the fruit is blended -- otherwise it gets too thick for my taste. The frozen fruit makes it cold enough for me -- if not, add some crushed ice. Will yield about 2 to 2.5 cups -- if too much, adjust ingredients accordingly but leave protein powder same for taste.