Recipe by Anu
Incredibly easy and healthy pasta salad! I put this together last night for a nice, light dinner along with yogurt. Enjoy :)
- 3 ounces pasta (The shell-shaped ones work best)
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1⁄3 cup fresh corn kernels or 1⁄3 cup frozen corn kernels
- 1⁄4 cup dried lima beans, , sprouted (, or any other white beans)
- 1⁄4 cup mung bean sprouts
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 spring onion, bulb of,cut into thin rings
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon red chili pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- 1 tablespoon parmesan cheese, grated (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring a pot of 1 1/2 cups water (lightly salted) to a boil.
- Add pasta and cook for about 5-8 minutes, or until pasta is al dente.
- Drain and refresh with cold water.
- In another pot, add corn, lima beans, mung beans, salt, 3/4 cup water and bring to a boil.
- Reduce flame and cook for 3-5 minutes.
- Drain and cool.
- In a large bowl, combine the chopped tomatoes, onion rings and the cooked corn and beans mixture.
- Season with basil, chili flakes and salt (as needed) and let it sit for a while.
- Sprinkle parmesan cheese over the cooked pasta and mix well.
- Toss with the veggies in the large bowl and serve!