Recipe by Ocean~Ivy
This is a healthy muffin recipe. I have never made these, but I thought someone else may like to try them 8)
Top Review by Gigina
On Line 3, you need to add 'vanilla' to the ingredients to be mixed. On Line 6, you need to delete the phrase 'do not want to overbake'. I followed the recipe exactly, they looked like they were done in the specified time, perfectly browned all over. They came out of the tins perfectly. They were very moist and just the right texture on the tops, but the middles were all raw. I didn't know this until we were eating them the next day. So re. Line 6, overbaking them would have turned out much better.
- 2 1⁄4 cups oat bran
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup chopped pecans or 1⁄4 cup walnuts
- 1 1⁄4 cups skim milk
- 2 very ripe bananas
- 2 egg whites
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Combine dry ingredients in large bowl.
- Mix milk, bananas, egg whites, oil & vanilla in a bowl or blender.
- Combine well with the dry ingredients.
- Line muffin pan with paper baking cups, filling them with batter.
- Bake 15 minutes, watching closely, you do not want to over bake.
- Let cool and enjoy!