Recipe by WI Cheesehead
I adapted this for the bread machine when I used to use a bread machine. It was from a recipe off of a Bob's Red Mill bag. Very flavorful.
Top Review by ~*lil_miss_SBC*~
We really loved this bread! Followed the previous reviewer in mixing wet ingredients then the dry and placing in bread machine with yeast and (white) sugar on top. Substituted veg oil for olive oil as it's all I had. I also added extra water plus 1/2 cup of mixed pumpkin and sunflower seeds, just used the dough cycle on the machine though. Let the dough rise once more for 50 mins in an oiled bread pan and baked it @350 for 35 mins.
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 egg, beaten slightly
- 1⁄2 cup plain low-fat yogurt
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt or 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt substitute
- 1⁄4 cup rolled oats or 1⁄4 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1⁄4 cup wheat bran
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups whole wheat flour
- 2 1⁄4 teaspoons active dry yeast
Directions See How It's Made
- Place ingredients in bread machine in order indicated and bake according to mfg.'s directions. Using the quick whole wheat setting will save time.
- Check to make sure dough has formed a ball after machine has mixed it.
- You may have to add water or flour a little at a time to get it to correct consistency.
- Makes 1 1/2 pound loaf.