Prep 15 mins
Cook 3 hrs
Except for the light whipped topping and the juice from the pineapple, this is almost sugar free. I got this from a Weight Watchers recipe swap. My kids inhale this stuff when I make it which is fine with me since they're getting some fruit and dairy in every serving, but they just think it's a sweet treat! (WW Points per serving = 1)
- 1 (3 ounce) box sugar-free orange gelatin
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1⁄2 cup cold water
- 1 cup crushed pineapple in juice
- 1 cup mandarin orange, drained
- 1 cup light whipped topping, thawed if frozen
- 1 cup low-fat plain yogurt
- In square 8x8 dish, combine gelatin and boiling water and stir until gelatin is dissolved.
- Add cold water, pineapple and Mandarin oranges.
- Chill until almost set.
- Combine whipped topping and yogurt. Fold into gelatin mixture.
- Chill for at least three hours, cut into 8 equal squares and serve.
I was looking for an easy light dessert, but I didn't use sugar-free items. I used regular frozen whipped topping (thawed), and greek yogurt because I would've had to purchase a large tub of plain yogurt. I had a few regular boxes of gelatin mixes on hand - but not orange flavored, so I chose strawberry-banana...thinking altogether I'd have something close to a banana split experience. Wrong! It was more like a strawberry pineapple greek yogurt experience w/o even a hint of banana! While satisfying my dessert fix...I think next time I would like to try this recipe as written. I have to give it 4 stars for now. Great idea, tho'. thx for sharing.
Ooh this was delish and pretty healthy. I completely omitted the yogurt & whipped topping. I did however add whipped topping to the the top of the dessert. This was easy to put together and really satisfied my sweet tooth. I can definitely see myself making this over and over. Thanks for posting!
What a great dessert! Light, orangy & yummy! The kids loved it too! I love Barbs idea of using strawberries...have to make that one soon too. Thanks!