Recipe by Coyote's Laugh
From The Healthy College Cookbook A great alternative to Kraft Mac and Cheese, but still cheap, cheesy, and fast!
Top Review by Amo418
This is such a great cheat recipe. It takes no time at all and definitely tricks you into thinking you're indulging. I used nonfat plain Greek yogurt and did 1/2 sharp cheddar, 1/2 pepperjack cheese. So creamy and delicious, a great base recipe for healthy mac n cheese with your favorite mix-ins.
- 226.79 g dried elbow macaroni
- 236.59 ml 2% cheddar cheese, shredded
- 59.14 ml nonfat plain yogurt
- 7.39 ml mustard
- 9.85 ml butter or 9.85 ml margarine
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook macaroni in a large pot according to package directions. Drain, and set aside.
- While the pasta is cooking, combine the cheese and yogurt in a small bowl.
- Melt the butter in a large pot over medium heat, and stiff in the mustard.
- Add cooked macaroni to the butter mixture, and toss to coat.
- Stir in the cheese mixture and salt and pepper to taste.
- Stir until cheese is fully melted.