V & B's Note:
This is a healthy & refreshing meal, that is low-fat and pretty simple to make. It has a bit of an Asian twist to it with the cilantro and curry; especially when you substitute rice paper in place of tortillas. It also make a great appetizer, if you want to slice the wraps into 4 pieces after rolling them.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 ounces chicken breasts, Boiled
- 1 cup apple, with skin Diced 1/4-inch
- 1/2 cup celery, Diced
- 1/4 cup red onion, Diced
- 1/3 cup cilantro, Chopped
- 1/4 cup almonds, Slivered (optional)
- 6 ounces cranberry sauce (Whole or Jellied, Preferably Whole)
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 4 low-fat flour tortillas, 10-inch
- 2 cups baby spinach leaves, Fresh
- salt & pepper, To taste
- 1Finely chop boiled chicken (it will look like tuna).
- 2In a medium bowl, combine chicken, apples, celery, red onion, cilantro, and almonds. Mix well.
- 3In a small bowl, combine cranberry sauce, vinegar, and curry powder. Mix well.
- 4Combine mixture from small bowl into mixture into mixture in medium bowl. Mix well.
- 5Place about 1/4 C baby spinach in center on a tortilla; allow at least 2 1/2" around for wrapping.
- 6Place 3/4 C Chicken salad on top of spinach leaves.
- 7Fold left and right side of wrap, then roll.
- 8Repeat the process for the remaining wraps.
- 9Optional Substitutes - Substitute 1/4 C Light Mayo and 1/2 C Apple Juice for Cranberry Sauce. Substitute 4 Rice Paper, 10-inch for Tortillas.
- 10To use Rice Paper:.
- 11Separate rice paper onto 4 plates. Take one rice paper and completely dampen both sides with water. Lie rice paper flat on plate and allow paper to absorb water. After 1-2 minutes, paper will be delicate and flexible (Note: if paper is still hard, dampen hard areas with water, and allow rice paper to absorb. Do not allow paper to sit too long, or it will dry out.). Place about 1/4 C baby spinach in center on rice paper; allow at least 2 1/2" around for wrapping. Place 3/4 C Chicken salad on top of spinach leaves. Fold left and right side of paper, then gently roll; being careful not to tear paper. Repeat the process for the remaining wraps.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Healthy Low-Fat Curry Chicken Salad Wrap
Serving Size: 1 (360 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 381.9
- Calories from Fat 100
- Total Fat 11.1 g
- Saturated Fat 3.1 g
- Cholesterol 72.5 mg
- Sodium 143.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 46.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.4 g
- Sugars 40.2 g
- Protein 25.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
low-fat flour tortillas