Recipe by Mom of 3 Boys
I tried the Jessica Seinfeld recipe for brownies and thought they were very dry so I made my own recipe inspired by her idea for a healthy brownie. They are very moist and fudgy in texture. Give them a try! :)
Top Review by NurseAmbre
My kids loved this (I made sure not to tell them about the healthy stuff added). It is a more cake-like brownie. I used olive oil, and frosted it (it needed the frosting, I think). This one is a keeper. Thanks for sharing this sneaky recipe!
- 7 ounces semisweet chocolate
- 2 cups sweet potato puree
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup cocoa powder
- 3 tablespoons grapeseed oil
- 1⁄4 cup flax seed meal
- 4 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Farenheit. Coat a 13x9 inch baking pan with grapeseed oil.
- Melt the chocolate in a double broiler in the microwave.
- In a large bowl, combine the melted chocolate, sweet potato puree, sugar, cocoa powder, grapeseed oil, and vanilla, and whisk until smooth and creamy, 1-2 minutes.
- (I use my Kitchen Aid mixer).
- Whisk in egg. Stir in flour, flaxseed meal, baking powder, and salt.
- Pour the batter and spread into the pan and bake 40 to 45 minutes. Cool completely and sprinkle with powdered sugar, cocoa powder, or frost with chocolate frosting if desired.
- (I love to frost mine).