Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
From the back of a box in France!! A really good, verstaile recipe, change the fish and herbs according to taste and availability. I like salmon filets or cod filets the best. I often use one recipe of BEURRE BLANC SAUCE to pour into individual papillottes after cooking. Not necessary, but nice!!
- 800 g cod fish fillets
- 4 small zucchini, ribboned
- 2 small tomatoes, diced
- 4 teaspoons fresh chives, chopped
- 4 teaspoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- Put two fairly long pieces of tin foil on the counter, in a cross pattern.
- You need to bring them up over the food and carefully scrunch them closed so make sure you have enough.
- Put a bed of ribboned zucchini down in the center of the foil, use a carrot peeler to easily ribbon the zucchini the long way.
- Put a 200 gram filet of cod or salmon (or sometimes I mix!) on top of the zucchini ribbons.
- Cover with half a diced tomato.
- Salt, pepper, add chopped herbs.
- Carefully bring up the sides of the foil so everything is inside and closed well and scrunch.
- The goal is to let no steam escape while cooking.
- Bake in a 400° preheated oven 15 to 20 minutes.
- Put the whole package on a plate and open to serve.
- Add the beurre Blanc sauce directly to the open package if using.
- I always serve the whole thing still in the foil on the plate--make for very easy cleanup too.
Wow! I was skeptical about the lack of butter/oil in the recipe but was very pleasantly surprised by the outcome, which was mouth watering to say the least. I dislike chives so I used fresh oregano and the flavor was outstanding. I highly recommend this recipe to anyone, whether they are watching the calories, or not. In addition, I'm not a bug fan of zucchini, but I loved it in this recipe. Thank you very much Kasha.
This Dish is beyond fantastic! My husband is from France and is very hard to impress. He loved it! this dish is very quick and easy, we used orange roughy. It exceeded my expectations. I would highly recomend this recipie. 5 stars!
This was easy and delicious. I used whiting for this recipe. The foil made cleanup so easy. Good family meal and also healthful.