Prep 12 mins
Cook 0 mins
From Racheal Ray's $40 a Day, this is from the Grand Canyon! A lovely drink.
- 4 small ginseng tea bags (or ginko)
- 1892.0 ml water
- 236.59 ml fresh lemon juice
- 473.18 ml sugar or 473.18 ml sugar substitute
- 2 small herbal tea bags (your choice)
- Bring 1 quart of water to a boil in a saucepan. Place all the tea bags in the hot water.Let the bags steep about 10 minutes. Add the lemon juice to a pitcher. Add the sugar and the remaining water and mix well. Pour the tea into the lemonade mix and stir.
- Refrigerate and serve chilled. Enjoy!
Invigorating and refreshing! I was having a blah morning, so made myself some of this energy drink. It really did awaken my senses! I love the fresh lemon, and although I dislike sweetened tea, the splenda in this was just right. I've had 3 servings of this today and would drink more if I hadn't halved the recipe. Thanks so much-I LOVE this!
This is so refreshing! It's like a combination of lemonade and iced tea. I chose to use ginseng and peppermint teas, and the flavor turned out fantastic. I think I may take Evelyn's advice and reduce the sugar slightly next time, though, because it almost tastes a little sweeter than it needs to be. But there will definitely be many next times! I'm planning on making sure I have this on hand in my refrigerator this summer!
Very refreshing. My herbal teabags of choice were spearmint, and it proved to be an excellent choice along with the ginseng and lemon. I found I didn't need to go with the whole 2 cups of sugar - my tea was lovely with just over 1 1/2 cups, but I like things a little less sweet. A delightful way to beat the summer heat.