Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
Kfc Coleslaw Copycat Coleslaw, re-posted the way that I make it, so that I could get accurate nutrition info. Both recipes make 6 servings, but the original has 156 calories per serving, and this variation has just 50 (adding in the calories from Splenda).
- 1 lb shredded cabbage and carrot coleslaw mix (usually already has carrots, sold as 'coleslaw mix')
- 1⁄4 cup carrot (skip if the cabbage came with carrots) (optional)
- 1⁄3 cup Splenda granular
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup low-fat buttermilk
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Whisk together all non-vegetable ingredients.
- Toss with cabbage/carrot mix.
- This recipe makes adequate dressing to cover the cabbage, but it is on the dry side. If you like a very wet coleslaw double the dressing.
I think this is better than KFC's version. I use regular sugar, no splenda. ( I don't like artificial sweetners) This is the only way I make coleslaw. I'ved made it several times, once I was out of buttermilk and had to substiture the milk with vinegar/lemon juice stuff. That doesn't really work in this recipe.
I appreciate very much the nutritionals on this one, but I thought it was only so-so. I am usually ok with the splenda aftertaste, but I found it very intense in this coleslaw. This one is ok, just nothing that I loved and would make again. I'm always looking to try healthy recipes, though, so thanks for posting it!