No cream in a creamy pasta sauce! Can be vegan! at the bottom is my variationI used sweet potatoes instead of pumpkin and soy milk instead of milk. Although the recipe is for four servings, it can be easily made for one person, or more than four.I made it sweet instead by adding a packet of sweet n low. This comes from a Japanese website. Thanks, Mianbao for translating from Japanese to English. I just had to post the recipe because I know people are trying to eat healthy.
- Peel kabocha (pumpkin) or sweet potatoes and cut into 1cm cubes.
- Microwave 4 to 5 min (I steamed).
- Puree the cooked kabocha, consumme, and milk in a blender/food processor.
- Cook spaghetti acording to package directions, in boiling water with a pinch of salt.
- Make the topping.
- Slice the onion vertically
- Remove bottoms of stems of shimeji and cut into 1-cm lengths.
- Heat oil in frying pan and saute the onion over low-medium heat, until it is wilted.
- Add shimeji mushrooms.
- Heat pureed kabocha mixture into pan.
- Add basil.
- Add water if necesssary.
- Salt to taste or (swweet n low).
- Turn off heat and place on mixed spaghetti.
- If desired, make a well in the center of each portion, and place some topping vegetables.
- If doing my variation, just heat pan and heat the pureed sweet potato mixture.