1/3 Photos of Healthy Creamy Kabocha (Pumpkin) Pasta
dcwang wang's Note:
No cream in a creamy pasta sauce! Can be vegan! at the bottom is my variationI used sweet potatoes instead of pumpkin and soy milk instead of milk. Although the recipe is for four servings, it can be easily made for one person, or more than four.I made it sweet instead by adding a packet of sweet n low. This comes from a Japanese website. Thanks, Mianbao for translating from Japanese to English. I just had to post the recipe because I know people are trying to eat healthy.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Peel kabocha (pumpkin) or sweet potatoes and cut into 1cm cubes.
- 2Microwave 4 to 5 min (I steamed).
- 3Puree the cooked kabocha, consumme, and milk in a blender/food processor.
- 4Cook spaghetti acording to package directions, in boiling water with a pinch of salt.
- 5Make the topping.
- 6Slice the onion vertically
- 7Remove bottoms of stems of shimeji and cut into 1-cm lengths.
- 8Heat oil in frying pan and saute the onion over low-medium heat, until it is wilted.
- 9Add shimeji mushrooms.
- 10Heat pureed kabocha mixture into pan.
- 11Add basil.
- 12Add water if necesssary.
- 13Salt to taste or (swweet n low).
- 14Turn off heat and place on mixed spaghetti.
- 15If desired, make a well in the center of each portion, and place some topping vegetables.
- 16If doing my variation, just heat pan and heat the pureed sweet potato mixture.
Browse Our Top Yam/Sweet Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Yam/Sweet Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Healthy Creamy Kabocha (Pumpkin) Pasta
Serving Size: 1 (476 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 772.5
- Calories from Fat 49
- Total Fat 5.5 g
- Saturated Fat 1.7 g
- Cholesterol 6.8 mg
- Sodium 175.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 151.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.8 g
- Sugars 7.5 g
- Protein 28.5 g