Recipe by deinemuse
Ever look at the ingredients on a granola box and think how this healthy treats seems to have a tad too many chemicals? Making your own granola bars and such is easy as it can get. You can also take away or add more nuts, take away the cranberries or add something else. Nuts can be crushed or chopped. Also, if you want to go vegan you can replace the honey with molasses or maple syrup. I have yet to experiment further with it since what I make already is awesome.
- 3 cups oats
- 1⁄3 cup crushed almonds
- 3⁄4 cup crushed walnuts
- 3⁄4 cup oat bran
- 3⁄4 cup shredded coconut
- 2 ounces dried cranberries
- 1⁄8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 1⁄4 cups honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- cooking spray
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix oats, almonds, walnuts, bran, coconut and salt and roast in over at 350 degrees for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Dissolve honey and vanilla in pot under low heat.
- Remove dry ingredients and pour into a bowl.
- Lower oven to 300 degrees.
- Grease 9 x13 glass dish with cooking spray.
- Mix liquid into bowl with dry ingredients, add cranberries or whatever else you want.
- Pour into dish and spread out evenly.
- Place wax paper on top and smash down. You can use a can or glass to do this as well.
- Bake at 300 for 30-40 minutes, till golden brown.
- Let cool for at least 1-2 hours to harden.
- Cut and enjoy.