Recipe by Sylectra
These oatmeal cookies with cranberries and orange candies are sweetened with molasses and honey.
- 1⁄4 cup plain nonfat yogurt
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1⁄4 cup mild molasses
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- 1⁄2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 3⁄4 cup dried cranberries
- 1⁄4 cup candy orange slices
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper. You can coat with nonstick spray too, but the candies do stick to the pan and complicate cleanup.
- In a large mixing bowl, stir the yogurt, oil, honey, molasses, and vanilla, then mix in the oats.
- Sift the flour, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon over the wet ingredients, then add the cranberries and orange candy, and stir until mixed.
- Drop by large spoonful (3-5 tbs per cookie) onto cookie sheet and leave at least 2 inches between them so they don't spread together.
- Bake about 23 minutes. When they have cooked for 18 minutes, begin checking for doneness.