Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
The water chestnuts and frozen corn give this dish a nice crunchy texture.
Make and share this Healthy Corn and Tomato Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 6 large tomatoes, sliced
- 2 cups frozen corn kernels
- 1 can water chestnut, drained and chopped
- 2 peeled and chopped zucchini (, baby to medium size)
- 1⁄2 peeled and chopped cucumber (, english taste best)
- 4 shallots, finely chopped (I substitute garlic sometimes)
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried tarragon (any of these herbs are to taste, or, use any herb you prefer)
- 1⁄4 cup Braggs liquid aminos
- Combine all ingredients and toss well to mix.
- Chill before serving.
- Can be eaten alone or over a bed of grains.
I used fresh corn for this and it was very good.