Recipe by Rainbow*Bubbles
A really simple idea I use almost every morning, it's really filling and slow-release energy as well as providing antioxidants and feel-good serotonin from the cocoa, and it curbs cravings for chocolate. I find that even if I have plain porridge in the morning, I still seem to want something sweet, whereas with this I don't and it only has a few more calories than plain. It's also really quick to make, which is a bonus because I never seem to have enough time in the morning! I do also make it as a snack when I need chocolate, or even sometimes as dessert. You can add almost anything to it- cinnamon, almond, vanilla, chilli...whatever you feel like. Give it a try and see what you think!
- 1⁄3 cup oats (or one sachet)
- 1 teaspoon 100% cocoa powder (unsweetened)
- 1 teaspoon artificial sweetener (can add more to taste)
- 1⁄2-2⁄3 cup water
Directions See How It's Made
- Put all the dry ingredients in a bowl and stir to mix (making sure any lumps in the cocoa powder and broken up).
- Add the water and microwave on high for 1 minute 30 seconds (make sure it doesn't overflow!).
- Stir and leave for at least a minute, then if you like it thicker, microwave for another 30 seconds or so until it's the texture you like (but be really careful it doesn't overflow), remembering it will thicken up a bit as it cools. Enjoy!