Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
Yummy cookies that are good for you too!
- 1⁄2 cup softened butter, unsalted
- 2 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄4 cup dried cranberries
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 cups unbleached flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3⁄4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1⁄4 cup sunflower seeds
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cream together butter and sugar until fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla. Set aside.
- Combine dry ingredients and mix into wet mix. Stir in cranberries, walnuts, seeds and chocolate chips.
- Drop heaping tablespoonfuls on lined baking sheet. Bake for 10 minutes Cool on wire rack.
- Enjoy !
I'm really enjoying these cookies! I'm trying hard to improve my diet, but need a sweet snack sometimes. I replaced the brown sugar with 3/4 cups turbinado sugar and 3/4 cup natural applesauce. I also replaced the unbleached flour with whole white wheat flour and the chocolate chips with carob chips. I probably will leave out the cranberries next time. Thanks for a healthy sweet treat!