This is a little healthier version. I'm not sure who gave me the recipe, but it is quick and easy, and my nephew who is 5 will eat it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 diced cooked chicken breasts
- 3 tablespoons flour (I use whole wheat)
- 1 cup low-fat milk
- 1 cup reduced-sodium fat-free chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon mustard (wet)
- 1 tablespoon dried onion flakes
- 1 cup shredded reduced-fat cheese (I like mozzarella the best, my husband cheddar)
- 2 (12 ounce) bags broccoli, steamed lightly
- 1 cup crushed corn flakes
- 3 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1Stir the flour, milk, chicken broth, mustard, and onion flakes in a glass baking dish.
- 2Microwave on HIGH for 4-6 minutes, stirring well every 2 minutes until the cream sauce is thick and bubbly.
- 3While cooking the cream sauce, steam the broccoli for about 4 minutes.
- 4Mix the cheese into the cream sauce.
- 5Put the broccoli and diced chicken in a 9 x 13 pan. Pour the cheese sauce over the top.
- 6Mix the cornflakes and parmesan together, and pour over the top.
- 7Broil until golden brown.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Healthy Cheesy Broccoli Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (149 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 123.9
- Calories from Fat 28
- Total Fat 3.1 g
- Saturated Fat 1.1 g
- Cholesterol 23.7 mg
- Sodium 120.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 3.6 g
- Protein 12.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
reduced-sodium fat-free chicken broth