Prep 25 mins
Cook 20 mins
Got this from one of the "Good Housekeeping" issues. Another wonderful way of incorporating broccoli into our diet.
- 500 g broccoli florets
- 500 g potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch chunks
- 2 cups water
- 1 pinch ground nutmeg
- 1⁄2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- Boil broccoli and potatoes in a large pan until tender, for about 15-20 minutes.
- Drain and reserve a little cooking liquid.
- Coarsely mash veggies, adding some reserved cooking liquid if mixture seems dry.
- Stir in nutmeg, half of the parmesan, salt, and pepper.
- In a shallow baking dish, spread vegetable mixture.
- Sprinle with remaining parmesan and bake it at 180 C (350 F) for 15-20 minutes or till the Parmesan is browned.
Very yummy! Nice & creamy! Thanks!
This was very good! I thought that it was a bit bland, but a little extra salt took care of that. Next time I think I'll boil the veggies in broth instead of water. Very easy to make. They filled a 13x9-inch pan. Thanks!