Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is a Taste of Home recipe that I've adapted to make healthier.
- 2 cups cubed eggplants
- olive oil Pam cooking spray
- 3⁄4 lb extra lean ground beef
- 1⁄2 sweet onion, chopped
- 1 celery rib, with leaves chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried parsley
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons italian seasoning
- 3⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 unbaked pastry shell (9-inch)
- 9 ounces lowfat mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a small skillet, saute eggplant in Pam until tender, about 5 minutes.
- In a large skillet, cook the beef, onion, celery and garlic over medium heat until meat is no longer pink, drain.
- Add the eggplant, tomato sauce and spices; bring to a boil, then remove from heat.
- Pour beef mixture into pie shell and bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Sprinkle cheese over top and bake for 5-10 more minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting.