Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Healthy Muffins using up 3 very ripe bananas! I just recently rejoined Weight Watchers and they have the new PointsPlus Program. This recipe is using those numbers.
- 3 bananas, very ripe
- 1⁄2 cup Splenda sugar substitute
- 3 tablespoons egg whites
- 1⁄3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1⁄2 cup rolled oats
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup craisins
- 1⁄4 cup toasted wheat germ (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray muffin pan with non-stick baking spray.
- Add Splenda to the mashed bananas.
- Blend in the egg whites and the applesauce.
- Mix together the dry ingredients - baking soda, baking powder, flours, oats and salt.
- Add to moist mixture.
- Toss in the craisins and wheat germ, if using.
- Add to mixture to muffin pan.
- Bake for 20 minutes at 350.
- Enjoy and let me know what you think -- .