Recipe by Another cuppa?
Feeling bored in the summer holidays and fancy a spot of baking but without the guilt? I came across this recipe in a book found lying about in the house, tweaked it as I can't stand dates...and this is what I got. They are so simple and more-ish, and as they are healthy you can have as many as you like ;)
- 150 g rolled oats (Jumbo preferably)
- 170 g raisins or 170 g sultanas
- 75 ml vegetable oil
- 5 ml vanilla extract
- 3 bananas (ripe)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 170 degrees.
- In a bowl, mash up the bananas and add in the oats and sultanas, mixing thoroughly. Continue mixing and add in the vanilla extract and oil.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper and use either tablespoons or teaspoons (yields rougly 30) to transfer the mix onto the tray. Don't worry that it may be 'sloppy'.
- Bake until the edges start to go golden brown (anywhere between 20-30 minutes). Once removed, leave to cool on a cooling rack. These are incredibly moist so do not expect crispy/dry cookies! They do hold together though very well.