Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
Delicious and healthy banana bread. Can add nuts if you like, i added chocolate chips, and they made the cake scrumptious...and a tad sinful!!
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 cup Splenda sugar substitute
- 2 egg whites
- 3 mashed bananas
- 1 tablespoon skim milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 cup Ghirardelli semi-sweet chocolate chips (optional)
- preheat oven to 350.
- cream splenda and applesauce in small bowl.
- beat in egg whites.
- combine mashed bananas, milk, vanilla and almond extract.
- mix together flours, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and pumpkin pie spice.
- add small amount of flour mixture to banana mixture, stir until blended.
- add some of egg mixture to banana mixture, until blended.
- continue alternating between flour and egg until batter is fully incorporated.
- pour batter into well greased bundt pan.