Prep 30 mins
Cook 25 mins
The muffins are very moist, delicious and healthy too!
- 1 cup sprouted whole wheat flour
- 1⁄2 cup oat flour
- 1⁄2 cup vanilla protein powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup Splenda granular, sugar substitute
- 1⁄8 cup light butter
- 1⁄4 cup flax seed meal, plus
- 2 tablespoons flax seed meal
- 1 cup mashed ripe banana
- 1⁄2 cup egg substitute
- 1⁄3 cup non-fat vanilla yogurt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon rind
- 2 tablespoons chopped walnuts
- 2 tablespoons golden flax sprouted grain cereal (Ezekiel 4 -- 9)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly spoon flours and protein powder in dry measuring cups, and level with a knife. Combine flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon, stirring with a wisk.
- Place Splenda sugar substitute butter and flax meal in a large bowl, and beat with a mixer at medium speed until mixture is well blended. Add mashed bananas, egg substitute, yogurt, and vanilla; beat until well blended. Add flour mixture; beat at low speed just until moist. Gently fold in remaining ingredients.
- Fill sprayed muffin tins. Bake for 17-25 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.