Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Naturally it was the browning bananas that inspired this recipe. But it was also the need to fit into last year's winter clothes I've been pulling out of the closet. This is a justifiable pleasure with a little chocolate, no oils, and healthy oats and cinnamon! Try this with a nice cup of tea.
- 4 bananas, very ripe
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 cup oats
- 4 ounces applesauce
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Spray two muffin tins with canola oil.
- in a large mixing bowl, mash the bananas with a fork.
- Add the sugar and maple syrup and mix well with the fork.
- Add the eggs and beat those into the banana mixture still using the fork.
- Add the dry ingredients and wix well.
- Then add the applesauce, vanilla and cinnamon and chocolate chips and mix again.
- Pour into the muffin tins and bake for 12-14 minutes.