Recipe by Rottmom
Not a traditional cheesecake, as it contains cottage cheese in place of cream cheese. Much lighter and healthier than cheesecake! Easy to put together. Makes a great summer dessert! Cooking time is chill time in refrigerator.
Top Review by East Wind Goddess
If you love panna cotta but cringe at the high fat and calories, this is a great alternative! Pineapple-infused, citrus flavors the cottage cheese and it is a nice, light Summer dessert. I used a "lite" whipped topping: an extra-creamy flavor would add richness, but I liked this recipe as it is. Thanks for sharing it, Rottmom! 'll definitely make it again. Made for PAC Fall 09.
- 2 (1/4 ounce) packets unflavored gelatin, 1/4 oz. each
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 (16 ounce) container low fat cottage cheese
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple in juice (do not drain)
- 1 (8 ounce) container whipped topping
- 1⁄2 cup graham cracker crumbs
Directions See How It's Made
- In blender, combine gelatin, boiling water, vanilla, lemon juice and cottage cheese. Blend until smooth.
- Stir in pineapple, including juice.
- Fold in whipped topping.
- Pour into 9 x 13" baking dish.
- Sprinkle graham cracker crumbs on top.
- Refrigerate 2 hours before serving.