Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, small cubes
- 1 (6 ounce) boxuncle ben's wild rice
- 2 cups water
- 1 1⁄2 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 2 -4 ounces Velveeta cheese, cut into cubes
- 1⁄2 cup shredded 2% cheddar cheese (sharp cheddar cheese)
- Cut the breasts into small cubes then sprinkle with salt & pepper. Spray a large pot with cooking spray & cook the chicken until no longer pink.
- Pour the broth & water in the pot then add the rice & seasoning packet. (Do not remove chicken.) Bring to a boil then lower heat & simmer for 20 minutes, covered.
- Note: If using quick cooking rice the time will be lowered to 10 minutes.
- Mix the salt, pepper, & almond milk in with the broth. Then add the Velveeta & shredded cheese to the pot. Stir until the cheese is melted.