Prep 25 mins
Cook 10 mins
A beautiful slice that is simple to make. From 'Country Treasures' cookbook.
- 125 g butter
- 2 tablespoons golden syrup
- 1 (200 g) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 packet sweet biscuit, crushed (e.g. Graham Crackers)
- 1 packet slivered almonds
- 60 g Copha
- 200 g hazelnut chocolate
- Melt butter& golden syrup& add condensed milk, crushed biscuits& almonds.
- Flatten into a rectangular slice tin.
- Melt copha& chocolate and mix together.
- Pour over base and set in refrigerator.
- Cut into squares to serve.
I haven't made these yet but I have eaten them and they are wonderful!!!! My friend made them and gave me the recipe off the top of her head which was a little different like 150 g cooking chocolate in addition to the hazelnut chocolate and no almonds and 1/2 the copha. And 2 packets of biscuits instead of one. But since it was off the top of her head I am going to go with the ingredients here and see how that goes first.