Recipe by nranger7
I'm not sure where I got this recipe. It calls for 1 cup plus 2 Tablespoons flour, so I used a heaping cup of flour. (The site wouldn't accept "heaping" in the ingredients so I just listed it as one cup.) I made these for the first time today and forgot to flatten the first ones I put in the oven. They came out just fine, so the flattening step may be unnecessary. The hazelnuts do make the cookies very crunchy! :)
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 cup vanilla chip
- 1 cup chopped hazelnuts, toasted
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large mixing bowl, cream butter and sugars.
- Add egg and vanilla, mixing well.
- Combine dry ingredients.
- Add dry ingredients to creamed mixture and mix well.
- Stir in chips and nuts.
- Shape into 1 1/2 inch balls.
- Place on greased baking sheets.
- Flatten to 1/2 inch thickness with a glass dipped in sugar.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Remove to a wire rack to cool.