Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
Haven't tried these as yet, they look like a good treat to make for the holidays. Prep time includes chilling time.
Top Review by lemriche
Absolutely wonderful. Truffles are something I enjoy making quite a bit, (I've done things from Wasabi-Ginger, to Banana Nut), and I've been looking for this kind of recipe for a while. One suggestion is to use homemade nutella, it tastes quite a bit better. If you do that though, use a bit more than this recipe suggests because it is less potent of a flavour.
- 1⁄2 cup whipping cream (unwhipped)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon corn syrup
- 9 ounces semisweet chocolate
- 2 tablespoons nutella chocolate hazelnut spread
- 6 ounces chocolate
- 5 ounces skinned and toasted hazelnuts, finely chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix cream butter and corn syrup together in a saucepan.
- Place over medium heat and bring to a full boil; turn off heat.
- Add in 9 ounces of chopped chocolate and gently swirl the pan (do not stir).
- Allow to rest for 5 minutes.
- After 5 minutes add in Nutella and whisk slowly to combine.
- Transfer the mixture to a bowl.
- Refrigerate for 45 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- After 45 minutes the mixture will start to thicken quickly, keep refrigerated another 11-15 minutes, stirring every 5 minutes.
- Using a mini ice cream scoop or 2 spoons, form the mixture into 1-inch balls, and place onto prepared sheets; chill until firm (about 10-15 minutes).
- While the balls are chilling, melt remaining 6 ounces of chocolate; cool the chocolate slightly before continuing.
- Place chopped hazelnuts in a small bowl.
- Remove the balls from the refrigerator.
- Using one hand, dip the balls into the melted chocolate.
- Roll it around in your hand (allowing the excess to drip back into the bowl).
- Place the truffle into the chopped hazelnuts.
- Using your clean hand cover the truffle with nuts.
- Lift it out and place back on the sheets.
- Repeat with remaining truffles.
- Place back into the refrigerator to set for about 5-8 minutes.